- The first Jaguar C-type Continuation model has undergone its initial shakedown test ready to leave the home of Jaguar Classic Works ahead of customer delivery
- Completion of first C-type Continuation coincides with landmark anniversary – Seventy years since the first disc brake equipped C-type won in international competition at the Reims Grand Prix Meeting on 29 June 1952
- Customer C-type Continuation number one inspired by the Reims GP Meeting winner of 1952 piloted by Sir Stirling Moss with Pastel Green paint and Suede Green seats
- Production of the exclusive run of Continuations well underway at the state-of-the-art Classic Works, with each vehicle requiring 3,000 hours of specialist construction
- Only a limited number of C-type models will be built, handcrafted at Jaguar Classic Works to each customer’s personal specification
- Configure your C-type using Jaguar Classic’s online visualiser at: https://classicvisualiser.jaguar.com
- Customer enquiries should be directed to: www.jaguar.com/classic, +44 (0) 2476 566 600, email@example.com
- For regular updates from Jaguar Classic, including the progress of the new C-types, follow the official @jaguar.classic account on Instagram
Wednesday 29 June 2022, Coventry, UK: Jaguar Classic has completed building the first C-type Continuation. The strictly limited production run is well underway at Jaguar’s Classic Works, Coventry, and the first vehicle has finished shakedown testing ready for delivery to an excited customer.
Each C-type Continuation undergoes at least 250 miles of physical testing by Jaguar Classic engineers, following a build process that requires 3,000 hours of intensive and highly skilled craft.
The first customer Continuation is finished in Pastel Green with Suede Green leather seats and is inspired by the original Jaguar C-type which won the 224-mile long, 50-lap sports car race at the Reims Grand Prix Meeting on 29 June 1952.
This vehicle was the first C-type fitted with disc brakes to win in international competition. It was after driver Stirling Moss persuaded Jaguar to implement the pioneering technology it had in development. The victory at Reims was a glimpse to the C-type’s dominance at the following year’s Le Mans 24 Hour, and Jaguar’s continued supremacy in 1950’s sports car racing.
We’ve combined original drawings, modern CAD techniques and 3,000 hours of skill and attention to produce our first hand-built C-type, noting a historic landmark moment for Jaguar Classic.
Our exclusive Continuation C-types feature the technical innovations and specifications of the ultimate 1953 Le Mans-winning car, including the innovative Dunlop disc brake set-up that was victorious in Reims in 1952.
Each C-type offers an authentic driving experience for customers starting even from the car’s distinctive starting procedure, that our team was determined to get exactly right.
Head of Engineering, Jaguar Classic
Handcrafted at Jaguar Classic Works in Coventry, all C-type Continuation models will be built to the specification of the 1953 Works C-types. The first version to be completed has undergone final shakedown testing and the team at Jaguar Classic cannot wait to deliver to an excited customer.
The Jaguar Classic team has helped bring Jaguar’s heritage to life using extensive research, modern technology and engineering expertise. With advanced CAD modelling, each one is then crafted using the same build methods and techniques to ensure the limited-run Continuations honour the delineation of the original C-type.
Customers have 12 exterior heritage colours to choose from including the Pastel Green of this car, British Racing Green and Pastel Blue with contrasting roundel, as well as the opportunity to select their own interior specification from a range of eight leather hues.
The Continuation models are FIA-approved and eligible to participate in all FIA Historic events, including the Jaguar Classic Challenge, which takes place at a variety of different racetracks including Le Mans and Silverstone.
The limited run of C-type Continuations are available now. To configure your C-type using Jaguar Classic’s 3D visualiser visit: https://classicvisualiser.jaguar.com.