Notes to Editors
About Jaguar Land Rover
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK’s largest automotive manufacturer, built around two iconic British car brands: Land Rover, the world’s leading manufacturer of premium all-wheel-drive vehicles; and Jaguar, one of the world’s premier luxury sports saloon and sports car marques.
We employ 40,000 people globally and support around 240,000 more through our dealerships, suppliers and local businesses. Manufacturing is centred in the UK, with additional plants in China, Brazil, Austria and Slovakia.
At Jaguar Land Rover, we are driven by a desire to deliver class-leading vehicles, which will provide experiences our customers will love, for life. Our products are in demand around the globe. In 2017 Jaguar Land Rover sold 621,109 vehicles in 130 countries, with more than 80 per cent of our vehicles being sold abroad.
Our innovation is continuous: we will spend more than £4 billion in the coming year on new product creation and capital expenditure.
From 2020 all new Jaguar Land Rover vehicles will be electrified, giving our customers even more choice. We will introduce a portfolio of electrified products across our model range, embracing fully electric, plug-in hybrid and mild hybrid vehicles as well as continuing to offer ultra-clean petrol and diesel engines.
About Current Production Jaguar I-PACE
- The new all-electric I-PACE is available to order now, with first customers deliveries starting this summer
- Designed from the outset as an electric vehicle (EV), the I-PACE offers bold aero-efficient design, and interior space for five adults and luggage
- Electrifying all-wheel drive performance from twin Jaguar-designed motors with a combined 400PS and 696Nm delivering 0-60mph in 4.5s
- 90kWh Lithium-ion battery delivers up to 240 mile range*, with EV navigation to ensure range-optimised routing
- Bespoke EV aluminium architecture delivers Jaguar’s most rigid body structure with 50:50 weight distribution
- Rapid public charging from 0-80% in 40-minutes, with 15-minutes charge giving up to 100km range**
**100kW DC charging
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. We’re determined to improve transportation for people around the world, building on software and sensor technology developed in Google’s labs since 2009.
Waymo is building the world’s most experienced driver. Waymo’s vehicles have self-driven over 5 million miles on public roads across 25 U.S. cities, and 5 billion miles in simulation. Today, Waymo is the only company in the world with a fleet of fully self-driving cars — with no one in the driver’s seat — on public roads. Waymo will launch the world’s first driverless transportation service in 2018, starting in Phoenix, Arizona. With this service, members of the public will be able to use Waymo’s fully self-driving cars everyday, whether they’re traveling to work, school, soccer practice, and more.