JAGUAR RELEASES DRAMATIC TRAILER FOR UPCOMING SHORT FEATURE FILM 'DESIRE' WITH RIDLEY SCOTT ASSOCIATES
Golden Globe and Emmy Award winning actor, Damian Lewis, plays the lead in a short feature film, created by Jaguar in association with Ridley Scott Associates and to be released early 2013.
- The soundtrack to the film has been written by singer songwriter Lana Del Rey. The exclusive track named 'Burning Desire', was inspired by the Jaguar F-TYPE.
- The F-TYPE is the first two-seater sports car from Jaguar since the iconic E-type was launched 50 years ago.
Today, Jaguar and Ridley Scott Associates released the trailer to their short feature film named 'Desire'. The film stars Golden Globe winner Damian Lewis, Jordi Molla and Shannyn Sossamon alongside the all-new Jaguar F-TYPE. Lana Del Rey, who recently won a BRIT for Best International Female, has written the title song 'Burning Desire'. To view the trailer click here .
The breathtaking trailer gives a tantalising glimpse of what's in store for viewers when the film is released later this Spring and paints a picture of the dramatic storyline without giving too much away.
It's also a chance to see the award winning line-up of cast members in action, as well as the brand new F-TYPE, that will take centre-stage in the film.
Casper Delaney, Producer, Ridley Scott Associates comments:
"After weeks and months of working on the script and developing the film with Jaguar, it's fantastic to see it come to life."
The trailer gives a hint to what viewers can expect from the short film, which will be released in April.
Damian Lewis commented:
"When Jaguar approached me about the F-TYPE Desire film I was really intrigued. I then got to read the script and decided it was definitely a project I wanted to be a part of. Working with the director Adam Smith from Ridley Scott Associates, it promises to be an adventure. Jaguar cars have played some iconic roles in film for many years and I'm looking forward to being the first to drive the F-TYPE in film".
The film tells the story of Clark (Lewis), who delivers cars for a living, running into trouble after a chance encounter with a mysterious, young woman (Sossamon) in the middle of a lawless desert. Directed by Adam Smith, this is a story of betrayal, retribution, passion and greed.
Notes to Editors
1) A front-engined, rear-wheel drive convertible, the F-TYPE is engineered to deliver pure dynamic driving reward and stunning performance
2) Three models will be available - F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S. They are powered respectively by Jaguar's new 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS
3) The range-topping F-TYPE V8S will reach 60mph in 4.2 seconds and has a top speed of 186mph. The 380PS V6 F-TYPE S will reach 60mph in 4.8 seconds and 171mph, the equivalent figures for the F-TYPE V6 are 5.1 seconds and 161mph
4) The F-TYPE is constructed around the fourth generation of Jaguar's acclaimed lightweight aluminium architecture using industry-first technology
5) All-aluminium with front-engined and rear-wheel drive, the F-TYPE is engineered to deliver pure dynamic driving reward and stunning performance
6) Visually, the F-TYPE's exterior demonstrates a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with cleaner lines delivered through the discreet use of technology such as deployable spoiler and door handles
7) The F-TYPE's interior features a driver-focused philosophy, with engaging controls encased in dramatic architecture. Unique technical grains tailor the trim materials, further differentiating the dual-cockpit cabin
For further information please contact The Brooklyn Brothers on 0044 207 292 6200.
Dulcie Clare - email@example.com - 07730 589 247
Claudia Davies - firstname.lastname@example.org - 07500 796 872