- Supercharged 5.0-liter V8 gas engine developing 550hp and 502lb. ft. of torque
- 0-60mph in 4.1 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.3 seconds) with a top speed of 176mph (283km/h) (1)
- 'SVR’ aerodynamic package features unique front and rear bumpers, lower body sides and a rear spoiler to enhance cooling, reduce lift and drag, and aid high-speed stability (2)
- SVR-tuned chassis features upgraded shocks with front and rear spring rates increased by 30- and 10-percent respectively
- Lightweight 21- and optional 22-inch forged wheels with staggered width front to rear assist with handling and traction (2)
- Standard rear electronic active differential optimizes power delivery
- Larger 15.5-inch front and 15.6-inch rear disc brakes feature two-piece construction
- Specially tuned variable valve active exhaust delivers powerful Jaguar SVR soundtrack, is 14.5lbs lighter and aids performance by reducing back pressure
- Standard slimline performance seats in the front and rear feature Jaguar signature lozenge quilting and embossed SVR logo
- A new SportShift Gear Selector – like in the F-TYPE – replaces the rotary gear selector; special SVR steering wheel adds aluminum paddle shifters
- Available in Summer of 2018 and priced from $79,990 in the United States; visit www.JaguarUSA.com for additional information3
- Since its launch, the Jaguar F-PACE performance SUV continues to be the brand’s top seller
- Watch the film here: https://youtu.be/hlPSR86iRr8
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – March 27, 2018 – Ahead of its global auto show debut at the New York International Auto Show on Wednesday, March 28 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, Jaguar today announced an extreme variant of its best-selling F-PACE performance SUV – the F-PACE SVR. Watch the film here: https://youtu.be/hlPSR86iRr8
Already recognized as the 2017 World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year, as well as being the best-selling model in the Jaguar line-up since its launch two years ago, the F-PACE was a natural choice to receive SVR upgrades. The performance enhancements made to create the F-PACE SVR make it the fastest and most powerful F-PACE yet. Boasting an enhanced chassis, improved aerodynamics and 170 more horsepower than the current range-topping F-PACE S, the F-PACE SVR is built for maximum driver reward in various conditions.
Engineered by Special Vehicle Operations (SVO), the 5.0-liter supercharged V8 found in the F-PACE SVR produces 550hp and 502lb. ft. of torque; a 44% uplift in power, enabling it to reach 0-60mph in just 4.1 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.3 seconds) on its way to a top speed of 176mph (283km/h)1.
“The F-PACE SVR delivers the handling and agility to match its performance,” said Mike Cross, Chief Engineer of Vehicle Integrity at Jaguar Land Rover. “Everything from the steering to the bespoke suspension set-up has been tuned specifically for our performance SUV and the result is a vehicle that lives up to the promise of both the F-PACE and SVR names.”
Aerodynamic enhancements include larger air intakes at the front and side fender vents that lower pressure in the wheel arches, reducing lift and providing additional cooling while also assisting with high-speed stability2. In addition, unique wheel arch extensions and lower body moldings provide a low-slung muscularity that sets the SVR apart.
An exclusive SVR hood features vents to help extract hot air from the engine bay, providing visual evidence of the car’s dynamic intent.
At the rear, a unique spoiler is joined by a new bumper housing the Active Exhaust system’s quad tailpipes. The bumper incorporates side strakes designed to aid aerodynamic performance by smoothing airflow away from the rear of the vehicle.
The upgraded chassis features a set of progressive front and rear springs that are 30- and 10-percent stiffer respectively; incorporating an anti-roll system that contributes to a 5-percent overall reduction in body roll.
New, lightweight forged 21- and optional 22-inch alloy wheels are wider at the rear by almost 1-inch (25mm) compared to the front and contribute to the vehicle’s enhanced handling. The 22-inch wheels are 5.3lbs lighter on the front and 3.7lbs lighter on the rear and are designed to deliver greater airflow to the larger 15.5-inch (395mm) front and 15.6-inch (396mm) rear brake discs. The brake discs feature an advanced two piece construction on the front and rear, and when combined with the lighter wheels reduce unsprung mass, further contributing to the new car’s agile handling.
The F-PACE SVR also features an F-TYPE inspired Variable Valve Active Exhaust System; providing not only a charismatic soundtrack, but also increasing exhaust gas flow as another factor behind the SUV’s increased performance capability. The SVR exhaust is 14.5lbs lighter than the standard exhaust system in the F-PACE.
As the first F-PACE to utilize a rear Electronic Active Differential (EAD), the differential in the SVR works in conjunction with a comprehensive range of advanced technologies, each calibrated to deliver increased on-road performance and handling. The torque on-demand All-Wheel Drive system’s Intelligent Driveline Dynamics (IDD) control technology has been optimized to maximize the benefit of the EAD, while the software for the Adaptive Dynamics suspension, Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) and Dynamic Driving Mode are all unique to the F-PACE SVR. Engaging Dynamic mode initiates faster, more responsive gearshifts, sharper throttle responses and increased steering response for a more engaging driving experience in all conditions.2
Inside, the F-PACE SVR features slimline performance front seats that provide enhanced lateral support and have the signature Jaguar lozenge quilting and embossed SVR logo. In addition, unique rear seats echo the heavily sculpted designs of the seats up front, while the SUV’s sports car character is underlined by a SportShift Gear Selector like what is found in the F-TYPE sports car. Finally, the SVR branded steering wheel is enhanced with tactile aluminum paddle shifters.
For all its performance, the SVR retains the practicality and versatility inherent to the ‘PACE’ family of crossovers and SUVs; the 33.5cu. ft. of available loadspace (with rear seats up) is unaffected by the enhancements made to the SVR model. As with other F-PACE vehicles the SVR keeps passengers connected and entertained on the move with an available 4G Wi-Fi connection for up to eight devices; advanced Touch Pro infotainment system with 10-inch touchscreen standard; and a standard 12.3-inch Interactive Driver Display instrument cluster.4,5,6
Four interior color themes help to highlight the vehicle’s high performance personality; Red with Jet, Light Oyster with Jet, Siena Tan with Jet and Jet with Light Oyster stitching.
Drawing on extensive all-terrain expertise of both the Jaguar and Land Rover brands, the F-PACE SVR features a host of advanced technologies such as All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics, All Surface Progress Control and Adaptive Surface Response to aid performance on a variety of surfaces and in a variety of weather conditions2.
The F-PACE SVR will be priced from $79,9903 when it arrives in retailer showrooms Summer of 2018, and comes standard with a best-in-class ownership package7, Jaguar EliteCare, that includes:
- 5-Year/60,000 Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- 5-Year/60,000 Mile Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance
- 5-Year/60,000 Mile 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- 5-Year/Unlimited Mile Jaguar InControl® Remote & Protect™
Customers can visit www.JaguarUSA.com for more information and to build their own F-PACE SVR.